Touring Caravan / Motorhome
Servicing and repairs are carried out in accordance to best practice as laid down by National Caravan Council (NCC) and chassis manufacturers AL-KO.
The service does not constitute a repair. Any repairs identified during the service will be brought to the customer’s attention and a separate quote will be provided for the work/materials/parts etc. required to complete the repair.
No repairs will be carried out without the express permission of the customer.
All new parts supplied will be covered by the manufacturers’ warranty.
Customers are asked to check wheel nuts/bolts after 20 miles. During the service nuts/bolts are tightened to the correct torque and marked with red paint to identify that they have been torqued correctly.
The service is not an indication of the condition of the caravan/motorhome/trailer at any other time except during the time when the service was carried out.
What the Full Service includes:
- Chassis and Running Gear (Except for Motorhomes which comes under the MOT Test). Check coupling head, friction pads, security of mechanisms, braking system, check brake shoes, adjust braking etc.
- If AL-KO ATC (Automatic Trailer Control) system is fitted, it will be checked for correct operation and actuation of braking linkages. Only approved AL-KO engineers are permitted to undertake this work.
- Electrical Systems 12v and 230v check (Motorhomes only covers the habitation part). All sockets and circuits checked
- Gas inspection and tightness test.( Gas operated appliances are not serviced unless requested by customer, separate charges apply). All gas appliances are checked for operation and Flame Failure Devices checked for correct operation
- Water Systems checked for operation, leaks, and drainage pipework.
- Internal fitments, window catches, skylights, lockers and hinges etc. checked for operation and lubricated where is required.
- Vents and ventilation throughout is checked and cleared to ensure safety
- Thetford toilet seals checked and treated (please insure toilet is empty and rinsed out)
- Fire & Safety, check fire alarms and CO alarms if fitted.
- Dampness test and status report issued
- Bodywork checked for damage and security of fittings such as handles, locks, doors etc. and lubricated where is required.